Troubleshooting browser crashes or performance issues on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Microsoft Edge keeps closing soon after opening. This is occurring after their most recent update was automatically installed around 2/10/2023. Why is this occurring?
Troubleshooting browser crashes or performance issues on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
So, today I have learned that the AppData is hidden. Once you get to your folder, click on view, click on show, click on hidden items. You will see it there. I ran into an issue where it will not let me delete even though I am the admin for the computer.
I have tried everyone's suggestion and I can't keep the window open long enough to close tabs, click on settings, even see where the hang up is. I'm miss the day were could just click a button to uninstall a program.
I am almost to a point where I might reset my computer. It would have been faster than 8 hours of research. Happy Saturday!
John have you been able to set hidden files and folders to show them
I don't know which version of windows you have, top picture is my win 10 computer, Bottom is My win 11 computer. This is in windows file explorer.
With all the possible configurations of computer and permissions, not sure yours will look exactly like these.
Mit. THANK YOU THANK YOU!!
I have Windows 11 on a Surface Pro.
It came up a LITTLE different, but I was able to get Edge to start, and it SEEMS OK.
I RENAMED the EDGE Folder under the "Users\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge" To EDGE_JJK_Test"
That way if I messed things up I could rename it back to just Edge.
But it doesn't appear that I have to at this point.
You are a LIFESAVER. And I thank you for your patience and trying.
John Kibler
Glad to hear you were able to get it working! yes it was a good idea to make a backup of the folder. I didn't but I was lucky, always should make a backup in these situations, but I was so POed that I didn't care at that point. I was using Firefox as my browser at the time, and it was working well, just so used to EDGE mainly vertical tabs is what I use to navigate all the web pages I open.
Anyway glad you got it going.