Microsoft Edge keeps closing soon after opening. This is occurring after their most recent update was automatically installed around 2/10/2023. Why is this occurring?

Anonymous
2023-02-12T03:25:19+00:00

Microsoft Edge keeps closing soon after opening. This is occurring after their most recent update was automatically installed around 2/10/2023. Why is this occurring?

Microsoft Edge | Browser crashes or stops working | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-10T02:12:35+00:00

    I am having the same issue with Edge opening and the immediately closing. Started on 11/8/23. I have Windows 10 and Norton 360. Up to date on all patches.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-10T03:17:22+00:00

    I have the same problem! And I have Norton too! Did you solve it? Both chrome and edge have that problem, but Norton's browser is good. I tried to uninstall all Norton's products, but it doesn't work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-10T03:36:11+00:00

    No I have not solved it. I stay away from Google products. I am currently using Firefox until a fix/solution is found.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-10T15:30:28+00:00

    I solve the problem. Delete Norton Broser, Edge and Chrome (make sure you have an installation in you drive). Then Delete all the related files in User/ username/AppData/Local/. Then install the Chrome and Edge back.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-10T19:08:42+00:00

    I seem to have found a way to fix my win 10 computer. When I go to settings, on the display that comes up, in the upper right section it has a section that says "Web Browsing" restore recommended. I know that with all the different posibilities of setups that are possible this may not be the same for all and this is only on my Win 10 computer. My laptop which is win 11 does not have this selection. so i have not been able to fix it. : ( Link to picture of my settings screen for win 10 https://imgur.com/a/4L1dYjb

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments