Troubleshooting browser crashes or performance issues on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Microsoft Edge keeps closing soon after opening. This is occurring after their most recent update was automatically installed around 2/10/2023. Why is this occurring?
Troubleshooting browser crashes or performance issues on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
My problem is on a Surface Pro using Windows 11. It was working FINE up until today. Their possible solutions are of no help. I can't even delete the Edge App and reinstall it.
Anxiously awaiting a solution as I have been using Edge for the past six months.
How do you open a new tab page if edge closes as soon as it opens?
Read an earlier reply from _AW_ regarding ESET Security. I tried this and it resolved the issue.
Microsoft needs to fix this bug, as it seems to be appearing every time there is a new update. Edge is their browser and if it doesn't work with their updated OS, well.....???
Hi Jackie,
How do you open a new tab page if edge closes as soon as it opens?
I did not open a new tab page, "Open a new tab page" is an option in Start, home, and new tabs / When Edge starts / Open the new tab page
I opened the browser by clicking any Url, since Edge is my default browser. In my case I used any of the help links from Windows Settings ie /Display/Help with Display
Hi PanosP,
the thing is it is impossible to keep Edge open. Even if I use any help link as you suggest the result is the same: Edge opens and then closes after few seconds.