Microsoft Edge keeps closing soon after opening. This is occurring after their most recent update was automatically installed around 2/10/2023. Why is this occurring?

Anonymous
2023-02-12T03:25:19+00:00

Microsoft Edge keeps closing soon after opening. This is occurring after their most recent update was automatically installed around 2/10/2023. Why is this occurring?

Microsoft Edge | Browser crashes or stops working | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-08T17:32:57+00:00

    I am having the same issue, starting TODAY, 11/8 Edge will not start, it opens and then closes.

    What is the solution??

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-08T16:37:47+00:00

    Edge starts and immediately crashes/closes

    tried repairing edge - no help

    used powershell with suggested commands - no help

    Seems to be related to latest edge update??

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-14T14:49:59+00:00

    I had the same issue, I fixed by removing the opening page.

    Start, home / When Edge starts / Open a new tab page

    FYI My opening page was in the file system and was working fine at least the last five years.

    The last update of OS (Win 11) or Edge this issue appeared

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-08-29T01:01:56+00:00

    I don't have access to modify my copy of Edge, on my refurbished Gateway computer, so I think I need an alternative way to uninstall edge, and then reinstall a new copy of edge?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-03-20T23:26:40+00:00

    I tried this but the script did not ever terminate it appeared to lad around 40 images? Rather opaque. I doubt that it worked but I have exhausted all other options short of a clear rebuild of Windows 10 eugh!

    Clearly this is a known problem why dont microsoft fix it in a system update?

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments