Troubleshooting browser crashes or performance issues on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Microsoft Edge keeps closing soon after opening. This is occurring after their most recent update was automatically installed around 2/10/2023. Why is this occurring?
Troubleshooting browser crashes or performance issues on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
John have you been able to set hidden files and folders to show them
I don't know which version of windows you have, top picture is my win 10 computer, Bottom is My win 11 computer. This is in windows file explorer.
With all the possible configurations of computer and permissions, not sure yours will look exactly like these.
So, today I have learned that the AppData is hidden. Once you get to your folder, click on view, click on show, click on hidden items. You will see it there. I ran into an issue where it will not let me delete even though I am the admin for the computer.
I have tried everyone's suggestion and I can't keep the window open long enough to close tabs, click on settings, even see where the hang up is. I'm miss the day were could just click a button to uninstall a program.
I am almost to a point where I might reset my computer. It would have been faster than 8 hours of research. Happy Saturday!
Sorry for not being clear enough. When you login to windows you have a name that you would use to log in with. I mean you would use that name. In your case it might some form of you IE "JohnK" as an example.
if you were to just type the following in the file explorer C:\Users\ you should get a list of the possible user names. you would then pick the one that you use to log in and replace Yourusername with that one. So if your log in name is JohnK you would replace with that instead. so it would be:
C:\Users\JohnK\AppData\Local\Microsoft
Thanks I really thought this was going to help... but when I go in to C:\Users\MyUsername There is no AppData\local\microsoft so There is no Edge folder in there for me to delete. I tried deleting the Edge folder in OneDrive, but that did not help. Guess my machine got set up differently...
I will keep hunting a solution though. Meantime Firefox is working OK.
Any ideas on where else I can look??