Microsoft Edge keeps closing soon after opening. This is occurring after their most recent update was automatically installed around 2/10/2023. Why is this occurring?

Anonymous
2023-02-12T03:25:19+00:00

Microsoft Edge keeps closing soon after opening. This is occurring after their most recent update was automatically installed around 2/10/2023. Why is this occurring?

Microsoft Edge | Browser crashes or stops working | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-13T21:36:33+00:00

    I haven't seen anything like this. But I am not sure I understand what menu items you are talking about. do you mean favorites or maybe the dropdown menu from the 3 dots at the top right on Edge itsself or tabs you may have open??.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-13T21:04:42+00:00

    Mit Forgive me, I have another question about Edge. It is NOW and HAS BEEN lots of times opening some new "random" page when I click on one of the menu items. I'm trying to shut that down somehow, but having no success.

    It's annoying because it changes so fast you think you went to the page you wanted, and it's tempting to start doing the typing, but it's always some advertisement.

    Any ideas??

    John Kbiler

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-13T01:09:46+00:00

    Sorry for not checking this out earlier, but I have been out of town and my PC is a desktop. I use an iPad when travelling.

    Thanks Milt! That worked. I did rename the Edge folder to EE_Edge before I tried it and when it came up it wanted to import info from Google, I am assuming Chrome. I rejected that and was going to export info from Firefox, but I checked Edge and all my web sites and info were present.

    Thanks again!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-12T21:21:41+00:00

    Glad to hear you were able to get it working! yes it was a good idea to make a backup of the folder. I didn't but I was lucky, always should make a backup in these situations, but I was so POed that I didn't care at that point. I was using Firefox as my browser at the time, and it was working well, just so used to EDGE mainly vertical tabs is what I use to navigate all the web pages I open.

    Anyway glad you got it going.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-12T19:40:42+00:00

    Mit. THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

    I have Windows 11 on a Surface Pro.

    It came up a LITTLE different, but I was able to get Edge to start, and it SEEMS OK.

    I RENAMED the EDGE Folder under the "Users\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge" To EDGE_JJK_Test"

    That way if I messed things up I could rename it back to just Edge.

    But it doesn't appear that I have to at this point.

    You are a LIFESAVER. And I thank you for your patience and trying.

    John Kibler

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments