Microsoft Edge keeps closing soon after opening. This is occurring after their most recent update was automatically installed around 2/10/2023. Why is this occurring?

Anonymous
2023-02-12T03:25:19+00:00

Microsoft Edge keeps closing soon after opening. This is occurring after their most recent update was automatically installed around 2/10/2023. Why is this occurring?

Microsoft Edge | Browser crashes or stops working | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-12T15:18:10+00:00

    I'm thanking you again for the HELP!!...

    However, here is what I have in explorer!!

    No AppData ??

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-12T03:02:19+00:00

    Sorry for not being clear enough. When you login to windows you have a name that you would use to log in with. I mean you would use that name. In your case it might some form of you IE "JohnK" as an example.

    if you were to just type the following in the file explorer C:\Users\ you should get a list of the possible user names. you would then pick the one that you use to log in and replace Yourusername with that one. So if your log in name is JohnK you would replace with that instead. so it would be:

    C:\Users\JohnK\AppData\Local\Microsoft

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-10T23:31:41+00:00

    Thanks for this reply. I experienced the SAME issues as you describe, starting 11/8

    I also have done ALL of the updates that microsoft ever recommends!!

    Have not found a solution, but I am now currently using Firefox.

    I've gone into settings/apps/Default Apps/Microsoft Edge

    Under that it shows every file extension that will want to open Edge, making things DIE.

    So I clicked on each of the options and told it to make the default App Firefox.

    Things seem to be working like normal now. Will see when Microsoft does another upadate

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-10T23:18:50+00:00

    I looked in Settings and under Web Browsing and it says Recommended Settings only option given is starting Edge which still starts and stops.

    I have never installed the Norton Browser or Chrome. I have only used Edge until this problem with it it starting and stopping immediately started on 11/8/2023. Since I needed a browser, I installed Mozilla Firefox.

    As I have said I am up to date on all Windows 10, Edge and Norton 360 patches. I do remember Edge notifying me of an update occurring on 11/6/23 or or 11/7/23.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-10T19:08:42+00:00

    I seem to have found a way to fix my win 10 computer. When I go to settings, on the display that comes up, in the upper right section it has a section that says "Web Browsing" restore recommended. I know that with all the different posibilities of setups that are possible this may not be the same for all and this is only on my Win 10 computer. My laptop which is win 11 does not have this selection. so i have not been able to fix it. : ( Link to picture of my settings screen for win 10 https://imgur.com/a/4L1dYjb

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments