Microsoft Edge keeps closing soon after opening. This is occurring after their most recent update was automatically installed around 2/10/2023. Why is this occurring?

Anonymous
2023-02-12T03:25:19+00:00

Microsoft Edge keeps closing soon after opening. This is occurring after their most recent update was automatically installed around 2/10/2023. Why is this occurring?

Microsoft Edge | Browser crashes or stops working | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-10T15:30:28+00:00

    I solve the problem. Delete Norton Broser, Edge and Chrome (make sure you have an installation in you drive). Then Delete all the related files in User/ username/AppData/Local/. Then install the Chrome and Edge back.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-10T03:36:11+00:00

    No I have not solved it. I stay away from Google products. I am currently using Firefox until a fix/solution is found.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-10T03:17:22+00:00

    I have the same problem! And I have Norton too! Did you solve it? Both chrome and edge have that problem, but Norton's browser is good. I tried to uninstall all Norton's products, but it doesn't work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-10T02:12:35+00:00

    I am having the same issue with Edge opening and the immediately closing. Started on 11/8/23. I have Windows 10 and Norton 360. Up to date on all patches.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-09T08:35:03+00:00

    Hi Jackie,

    How do you open a new tab page if edge closes as soon as it opens?

    I did not open a new tab page, "Open a new tab page" is an option in Start, home, and new tabs / When Edge starts / Open the new tab page

    I opened the browser by clicking any Url, since Edge is my default browser. In my case I used any of the help links from Windows Settings ie /Display/Help with Display

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments