Fast scrolling

Anonymous
2020-01-19T22:01:12+00:00

Ever since the new chromium the scroll feature is way too fast,uncontrollable.I have a Lenovo Y700 with the ELAN pointing device,and i have installed the latest driver from lenovo.This wasn't like this on EDGE and all other browsers work fine.Scrolling in windows is good just this browser.I have tried all settings in the touchpad control and they have no effect on scrolling.any fix for this?

Microsoft Edge | Other | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-04-29T01:28:10+00:00

    There was a scrolling issue with Microsoft Edge but I believe it was fixed in the latest update.

    https://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/2020/04/02/scrolling-personality-improvements/

    Go to Windows Updates > Check for Updates 

    Install available updates

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-05-01T15:33:45+00:00

    I have the same problem and have tried a lot in the past few months.

    The problem is only in Edge.

    I don't have the problem in Google Chrome either!

    The scroll speed is faster, the slower I move my finger.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-05-03T11:05:38+00:00

    I have an Ideapad 330 with ELAN touchpad drivers. Faced exactly the same problems. Fast scrolling only in edge chromium. Browser is up to date, so are the touchpad drivers. Vertical mouse scrolling is 3 lines at a time. Other browsers like chrome and opera aren't affected.

    Finally, found an 4 year old reddit post with a fix. This solved my issue.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/3lhmhq/win10_elan_touchpad_scrolling_issues/

    Hope it helps :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-05-04T19:11:38+00:00

    I have an Ideapad 330 with ELAN touchpad drivers. Faced exactly the same problems. Fast scrolling only in edge chromium. Browser is up to date, so are the touchpad drivers. Vertical mouse scrolling is 3 lines at a time. Other browsers like chrome and opera aren't affected.

    Finally, found an 4 year old reddit post with a fix. This solved my issue.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/3lhmhq/win10_elan_touchpad_scrolling_issues/

    Hope it helps :)

    Here's a verification of https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/profile/d12ed8db-b7db-46ed-967b-84f29304571c fix:

    Create new system image called "Before Elan Modification".

    Open Regedit.

    Search for Elan.

    Change ScrollControl_Mode (or similar depending on version) from 0 to 1.

    Reboot.

    Note: Did not fix the everlasting MS Photos vertical scrolling problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-05-31T07:00:53+00:00

    I'm also facing the same issue in Lenovo Z51 model. This happens only in new Edge chromium browser!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments