Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Ever since the new chromium the scroll feature is way too fast,uncontrollable.I have a Lenovo Y700 with the ELAN pointing device,and i have installed the latest driver from lenovo.This wasn't like this on EDGE and all other browsers work fine.Scrolling in windows is good just this browser.I have tried all settings in the touchpad control and they have no effect on scrolling.any fix for this?
Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I have an Ideapad 330 with ELAN touchpad drivers. Faced exactly the same problems. Fast scrolling only in edge chromium. Browser is up to date, so are the touchpad drivers. Vertical mouse scrolling is 3 lines at a time. Other browsers like chrome and opera aren't affected.
Finally, found an 4 year old reddit post with a fix. This solved my issue.
https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/3lhmhq/win10_elan_touchpad_scrolling_issues/
Hope it helps :)
I have the same problem and have tried a lot in the past few months.
The problem is only in Edge.
I don't have the problem in Google Chrome either!
The scroll speed is faster, the slower I move my finger.
There was a scrolling issue with Microsoft Edge but I believe it was fixed in the latest update.
https://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/2020/04/02/scrolling-personality-improvements/
Go to Windows Updates > Check for Updates
Install available updates
I have same problem in new edge. and i re-updated all my drivers too.
i use lenovo 320
it must be some compat. issues with lenovo drivers i'm guessing
fast scrolling issue don't happen anywhere else at all!! only in microsoft edge
so maybe the problem is in edge and devs need to have a look into that cause what i see here is just bunch of people suggesting for driver updates
yesi love edge but this issue makes it unusable sorry
fixed it by installing windows precision drivers.
I have the lastest version installed
btw this ONLY happens in Microsoft Edge (the new one)
Go to Lenovo Driver Support for your system and scan for updates. I'd also advise if you have Intel or AMD do the same at their websites. They have Auto Scan downloads for devices and will detect whether drivers are needed or not. Suggest that you also check your Chipset Family for updates at the Manufacturers (Intel, etc) website.