Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Ever since the new chromium the scroll feature is way too fast,uncontrollable.I have a Lenovo Y700 with the ELAN pointing device,and i have installed the latest driver from lenovo.This wasn't like this on EDGE and all other browsers work fine.Scrolling in windows is good just this browser.I have tried all settings in the touchpad control and they have no effect on scrolling.any fix for this?
Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Same problem, only happen in new edge and 360 browser, but chrome is fine. can't find earlier touchpad driver for my yoga-700-14isk, only one version found on Lenovo website
I'm also facing the same issue in Lenovo Z51 model. This happens only in new Edge chromium browser!!!
HI,
here is the fix I used:
- Open regedit.exe using run
- Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> SOFTWARE -> Elantech -> Smartpad
- Double Click on ScrollControl_Mode and change value from 0 to 1
It worked for me.
Woah! cool man. This fixed the issue. Thank you so much :)
I'm also facing the same issue in Lenovo Z51 model. This happens only in new Edge chromium browser!!!
HI,
here is the fix I used:
- Open regedit.exe using run
- Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> SOFTWARE -> Elantech -> Smartpad
- Double Click on ScrollControl_Mode and change value from 0 to 1
It worked for me.
I'm also facing the same issue in Lenovo Z51 model. This happens only in new Edge chromium browser!!!
I have an Ideapad 330 with ELAN touchpad drivers. Faced exactly the same problems. Fast scrolling only in edge chromium. Browser is up to date, so are the touchpad drivers. Vertical mouse scrolling is 3 lines at a time. Other browsers like chrome and opera aren't affected.
Finally, found an 4 year old reddit post with a fix. This solved my issue.
https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/3lhmhq/win10_elan_touchpad_scrolling_issues/
Hope it helps :)
Here's a verification of https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/profile/d12ed8db-b7db-46ed-967b-84f29304571c fix:
Create new system image called "Before Elan Modification".
Open Regedit.
Search for Elan.
Change ScrollControl_Mode (or similar depending on version) from 0 to 1.
Reboot.
Note: Did not fix the everlasting MS Photos vertical scrolling problem.