Improving performance and responsiveness of Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi
My laptop just updated to Edge and its running very slow. It takes over 10 minutes just to load one page.
It has also stopped internet explorer working and getting error message ‘Cannot reach this page’.
i even tried to download Chrome but its not allowing that either.
Any ideas how i can fix this? This is a new laptop and now cant use it!
Improving performance and responsiveness of Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
This solution fixed the Edge performance problem (slow loading, incomplete loading, scrolling delayed or unresponsive with either mouse or keyboard or pad). Just had to close Edge after making the setting change. It also fixed the same problem I had with Chrome. Thanks, David!
A few days ago, I found an Intel processor update on Dell.com (I have a Dell with an Intel processor), which after installing, apparently resolved the issue. This may have released recently; I had previously run Update checks for firmware and drivers using Dell Support which did not detect this update. I forget the exact name of the update, but it had something to do with resource distribution.
Try logging out of the account and see.
edge://settings/clearBrowsingDataOnClose
set in such a way except last three item all other items clear when you close browser
edge://settings/clearBrowsingDataOnClose
set in such a way except last three item all other items clear when you close browser
There must have been something wrong with the update, just received another and everything back to normal.