Improving performance and responsiveness of Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi
My laptop just updated to Edge and its running very slow. It takes over 10 minutes just to load one page.
It has also stopped internet explorer working and getting error message ‘Cannot reach this page’.
i even tried to download Chrome but its not allowing that either.
Any ideas how i can fix this? This is a new laptop and now cant use it!
Improving performance and responsiveness of Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
We have had the same problem, up to 8 Edge sessions shown as running by Task Manager when the application is not in use and initiating Edge tasks a very long time to load and is unusably slow.
This seems to happen often. Our solution is to opne task manager (Ctrl/Alt/Del) to select Edge and then STOP all Edge sessions that are open/running.
Then open Edge again and it runs fine, but it is not something that the average user is going to be happy doing every time the system/browser stops working.
I can't believe how many people are reporting as having the same problem and MS are not fixing it!
I am also having the same issue with EDGE and I just bought a brand new computer. It takes forever to load and I have done all the suggested tricks but nothing! So frustrating!
Is there a bug or something that needs to be addressed?
Odd that it works for a couple of weeks until it does not?
Any suggestions welcome!
I have solved my problem by uninstaling malwarebytes browser guard and now all is back to normal. I have notified MB of my problem and they are now investigating. How this is of some assistance to you all?
In short, Edge sucks. I'll never use it for my primary browser.
I'm suddenly having issues with bing/microsoft edge browser search on 1-21-22. I reached my "rewards goal" today, and for some reason the edge browser won't let me redeem my reward, and the search is going incredibly slow.