Microsoft edge running very slow

Anonymous
2020-07-22T17:08:52+00:00

Hi 

My laptop just updated to Edge and its running very slow. It takes over 10 minutes just to load one page. 

It has also stopped internet explorer working and getting error message ‘Cannot reach this page’. 

i even tried to download Chrome but its not allowing that either. 

Any ideas how i can fix this? This is a new laptop and now cant use it!

Microsoft Edge | Speed and responsiveness | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-10-02T04:41:35+00:00

    what does it reset

    Reset settings

    This will reset your start-up page, new tab page, search engine and pinned tabs. It will also disable all extensions and clear temporary data such as cookies. Your favourites, history and saved passwords will not be cleared.

    How the Hell do I stop getting emails when someone posts to this? This is no unsubscribe option!

    Thanks and best of luck! Keep using Google Chrome until Edge works better!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-10-02T07:36:21+00:00

    How the Hell do I stop getting emails when someone posts to this? This is no unsubscribe option!

    When you get this notification, click Post a reply to come back to the site. Scroll up to the top, then below the question and above the Replies heading, click on Subscribe. That's where you'll find the Unsubscribe option.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-11-22T22:05:20+00:00

    once you turn off the DNS mess in settings> privacy, and services, (its under the security section)

    close the browser, then make sure its closed in task manager, re-open.. you should see a MAJOR difference

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-11-23T15:26:51+00:00

    I can't find the DNS option. I go into settings, Privacy, but I do not see search and services option.

    What am I missing?

    OS WIN10

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-11-23T19:15:46+00:00

    I can't find the DNS option. I go into settings, Privacy,

    This is an Edge option, not Windows. In Edge, click ⋯ (Settings and more) > Settings > Privacy, search and services and scroll down to the Security section*.* The option is called Use secure DNS to specify how to lookup the network address for websites.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments