Microsoft edge running very slow

Anonymous
2020-07-22T17:08:52+00:00

Hi 

My laptop just updated to Edge and its running very slow. It takes over 10 minutes just to load one page. 

It has also stopped internet explorer working and getting error message ‘Cannot reach this page’. 

i even tried to download Chrome but its not allowing that either. 

Any ideas how i can fix this? This is a new laptop and now cant use it!

Microsoft Edge | Speed and responsiveness | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-07-31T06:56:20+00:00

    HI

    I have the exact same issue. I foudn that if I Turn Off Profile Sync then the browser goes back to normal. But the moment I have Profile Sync on it is a laggy mess.

    Any ideas what this could be?

    It's driving me mad as it means I have cross device issues when it comes to passwords and web history.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-08-04T13:11:15+00:00

    Any other suggestions? 

    Are you using Bitlocker?

    I'm using Bitlocker! Is that the problem?

    Thx!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-08-21T14:13:51+00:00

    I have to launch Edge with --no-clobber for it to work properly. This disabled sandboxing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-09-01T00:43:20+00:00

    This indeed fixed my problem, have no idea why the hell would microsft use a custom dns for everyone in the world, its obvious that the navigation delay wil be huge.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-09-02T15:58:58+00:00

    I found that this made an immediat difference. Edge has not been this fast in a long time.

    Fingers crossed!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments