Improving performance and responsiveness of Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi
My laptop just updated to Edge and its running very slow. It takes over 10 minutes just to load one page.
It has also stopped internet explorer working and getting error message ‘Cannot reach this page’.
i even tried to download Chrome but its not allowing that either.
Any ideas how i can fix this? This is a new laptop and now cant use it!
Improving performance and responsiveness of Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I'm having identical problems on a BRAND new PC. I don't understand the issue here. It's definitely Microsoft Edge related, as I have no issues with any other software or hardware.
I just started having this same issue with Edge.
I have found closing Edge for a minute or so then restarting it helps. If you watch via Task Manager when you close Edge it takes a while for all the processes to close. Had the same problem with Chrome. Switched to Edge a few months ago to hopefully get better results but no.
Same issue. Painfully slow to load on my new laptop at home but works fine on my work computer? Ridiculous.
There,
Assuming that it might be system issue, is other app's are working fine?
if yes, reinstall edge
If no, check your system.
-Gopi M