Microsoft edge running very slow

Anonymous
2020-07-22T17:08:52+00:00

Hi 

My laptop just updated to Edge and its running very slow. It takes over 10 minutes just to load one page. 

It has also stopped internet explorer working and getting error message ‘Cannot reach this page’. 

i even tried to download Chrome but its not allowing that either. 

Any ideas how i can fix this? This is a new laptop and now cant use it!

Microsoft Edge | Speed and responsiveness | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2021-01-23T14:55:55+00:00

    I've had horrible Edge (Chromium) performance problems for ages - all new pages took an age to load.  After days of investigations I've tracked this to the Edge Secure DNS settings and the fix is trivial.  Go into Setting -> Privacy, Search, and Services and turn off Secure DNS.

    I had a really odd custom secure DNS setup configured and I don't know where it came from, but removing it cleared up the issue immediately.

    Hopefully this will help others with similar problems.

    Was this answer helpful?

    70+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-03-13T13:24:43+00:00

    I've tried both those fixes and it's still super slow loading. The rewards tab crashes out 50% of the time and very often Edge loses the recent tabls on a new page. I'm starting to think it's just a 'bad' browser.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-04-07T19:51:40+00:00

    This didn't do anything for me, but the browser has suddenly started taking ages to load a page. If I look at the bottom for activity, it shows that it's taking incredibly long times to connect to browser.events.msn.com, which is the "home page" for a new tab which displays all sorts of tabloid news and which celeb is fighting with whom. You know.... incredibly useful and relevant news.

    Anyhow, it seems that that's where my slowdown has originated, as I can open a new tab and paste a URL, and it takes upwards of 10-20 seconds to stop loading browser.events.msn.com and then load the actual page that I want.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-04-24T13:04:46+00:00

    I gave it my best shot but Edge is just painfully slow. Loading the identical extensions as I use in Slim Jet (A chromium browser) I get consistent browser scores with Edge at 1150+ while Slim Jet never tests over 850. That's about 25% slower using Edge. I've tried all the 'speed up Edge' suggestions I could find but my testing was on the same desktop using the same version of the same extensions and Edge just cant compete.

    After 4 hours of wasted effort trying to get Edge to be at least as fast as my current browser, my advice is to switch to Slim Jet....

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments