Microsoft edge running very slow

Anonymous
2020-07-22T17:08:52+00:00

Hi 

My laptop just updated to Edge and its running very slow. It takes over 10 minutes just to load one page. 

It has also stopped internet explorer working and getting error message ‘Cannot reach this page’. 

i even tried to download Chrome but its not allowing that either. 

Any ideas how i can fix this? This is a new laptop and now cant use it!

Microsoft Edge | Speed and responsiveness | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-02T00:11:45+00:00

    I have found closing Edge for a minute or so then restarting it helps. If you watch via Task Manager when you close Edge it takes a while for all the processes to close. Had the same problem with Chrome. Switched to Edge a few months ago to hopefully get better results but no.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-06-01T20:20:49+00:00

    I just started having this same issue with Edge.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-05-18T08:18:53+00:00

    I'm having identical problems on a BRAND new PC.  I don't understand the issue here.  It's definitely Microsoft Edge related, as I have no issues with any other software or hardware.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-04-24T13:04:46+00:00

    I gave it my best shot but Edge is just painfully slow. Loading the identical extensions as I use in Slim Jet (A chromium browser) I get consistent browser scores with Edge at 1150+ while Slim Jet never tests over 850. That's about 25% slower using Edge. I've tried all the 'speed up Edge' suggestions I could find but my testing was on the same desktop using the same version of the same extensions and Edge just cant compete.

    After 4 hours of wasted effort trying to get Edge to be at least as fast as my current browser, my advice is to switch to Slim Jet....

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-04-07T19:51:40+00:00

    This didn't do anything for me, but the browser has suddenly started taking ages to load a page. If I look at the bottom for activity, it shows that it's taking incredibly long times to connect to browser.events.msn.com, which is the "home page" for a new tab which displays all sorts of tabloid news and which celeb is fighting with whom. You know.... incredibly useful and relevant news.

    Anyhow, it seems that that's where my slowdown has originated, as I can open a new tab and paste a URL, and it takes upwards of 10-20 seconds to stop loading browser.events.msn.com and then load the actual page that I want.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments