Microsoft edge running very slow

Anonymous
2020-07-22T17:08:52+00:00

Hi 

My laptop just updated to Edge and its running very slow. It takes over 10 minutes just to load one page. 

It has also stopped internet explorer working and getting error message ‘Cannot reach this page’. 

i even tried to download Chrome but its not allowing that either. 

Any ideas how i can fix this? This is a new laptop and now cant use it!

Microsoft Edge | Speed and responsiveness | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-09-15T10:00:33+00:00

    Edge has become unusable. It takes several seconds just toscroll down in jerks even on the Settings page. Even clicking into this text as I edit it takes 2 seconds to respond to the click! Everthing ele is working fine. Even IE is working fine! I have tried reinstalling (throughthe Apps -> repair buttong) and it's not fixed. Running version 93.0.961.47 > Task Manager shows nothing else running hard and all resources are fine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-09-06T18:55:53+00:00

    I have turned off sync, off on secure dns and neither of those options seems to speed up Edge on Win11. I am using MS Edge Version 93.0.961.38 (Official build) (64-bit). Pages load after ~~2 mins. I have seen messages in the bottom left of the browser stating "establishing a secure connection..." where does this come from if I have turned OFF Secure DNS?

    Need help -- this is affecting my business....

    -JohnM

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-09-06T06:49:28+00:00

    thanks alot, this helped

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-09-02T15:58:58+00:00

    I found that this made an immediat difference. Edge has not been this fast in a long time.

    Fingers crossed!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-09-01T00:43:20+00:00

    This indeed fixed my problem, have no idea why the hell would microsft use a custom dns for everyone in the world, its obvious that the navigation delay wil be huge.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments