Improving performance and responsiveness of Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi
My laptop just updated to Edge and its running very slow. It takes over 10 minutes just to load one page.
It has also stopped internet explorer working and getting error message ‘Cannot reach this page’.
i even tried to download Chrome but its not allowing that either.
Any ideas how i can fix this? This is a new laptop and now cant use it!
Improving performance and responsiveness of Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Edge got suddenly V E R Y S L O W -
i have had Edge awhile now... it worked well enough on the old machine to "go with the flow" last year when we bought the new 'puter...
we do NOT like changes - we are getting old, and cannot remeber most of our passwords... and we DONT like being told to change from one version of Windows to a "newer", buggy version that we have to fight with for MONTHS before we are comfortable with...
i almost give up on Edge - and Chrome - and Opera... they have the same things making them pre-1994 S L O W
Firefox is working for me, and if this Edge trouble continues, we will change it "primary browser"
Disabling secure DNS is not a good idea. Secure DNS, or DNS over HTTPS as it is technically known, is a feature for ensuring the privacy and security of your web browser. If thats what it takes I would rather use a different browser, I use several & none of the others have given me the troubles edge currently does, Edge was great for a while but not anymore.
Not sure what that is, but I wish I found this answer before I reset Edge. It went from useless to super fast. Thanks!
I'm suddenly having issues with bing/microsoft edge browser search on 1-21-22. I reached my "rewards goal" today, and for some reason the edge browser won't let me redeem my reward, and the search is going incredibly slow.
In short, Edge sucks. I'll never use it for my primary browser.