Microsoft edge running very slow

Anonymous
2020-07-22T17:08:52+00:00

Hi 

My laptop just updated to Edge and its running very slow. It takes over 10 minutes just to load one page. 

It has also stopped internet explorer working and getting error message ‘Cannot reach this page’. 

i even tried to download Chrome but its not allowing that either. 

Any ideas how i can fix this? This is a new laptop and now cant use it!

Microsoft Edge | Speed and responsiveness | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-02-18T12:19:58+00:00

    Edge got suddenly V E R Y S L O W -
    i have had Edge awhile now... it worked well enough on the old machine to "go with the flow" last year when we bought the new 'puter...

    we do NOT like changes - we are getting old, and cannot remeber most of our passwords... and we DONT like being told to change from one version of Windows to a "newer", buggy version that we have to fight with for MONTHS before we are comfortable with...

    i almost give up on Edge - and Chrome - and Opera... they have the same things making them pre-1994 S L O W

    Firefox is working for me, and if this Edge trouble continues, we will change it "primary browser"

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-01-31T14:00:18+00:00

    Not sure what that is, but I wish I found this answer before I reset Edge. It went from useless to super fast. Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-01-22T01:56:40+00:00

    I'm suddenly having issues with bing/microsoft edge browser search on 1-21-22. I reached my "rewards goal" today, and for some reason the edge browser won't let me redeem my reward, and the search is going incredibly slow.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-12-05T14:30:14+00:00

    We have had the same problem, up to 8 Edge sessions shown as running by Task Manager when the application is not in use and initiating Edge tasks a very long time to load and is unusably slow.

    This seems to happen often. Our solution is to opne task manager (Ctrl/Alt/Del) to select Edge and then STOP all Edge sessions that are open/running.

    Then open Edge again and it runs fine, but it is not something that the average user is going to be happy doing every time the system/browser stops working.

    I can't believe how many people are reporting as having the same problem and MS are not fixing it!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-11-23T15:26:51+00:00

    I can't find the DNS option. I go into settings, Privacy, but I do not see search and services option.

    What am I missing?

    OS WIN10

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments