Microsoft edge running very slow

Anonymous
2020-07-22T17:08:52+00:00

Hi 

My laptop just updated to Edge and its running very slow. It takes over 10 minutes just to load one page. 

It has also stopped internet explorer working and getting error message ‘Cannot reach this page’. 

i even tried to download Chrome but its not allowing that either. 

Any ideas how i can fix this? This is a new laptop and now cant use it!

Microsoft Edge | Speed and responsiveness | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-02-01T13:51:01+00:00

    Disabling secure DNS is not a good idea. Secure DNS, or DNS over HTTPS as it is technically known, is a feature for ensuring the privacy and security of your web browser. If thats what it takes I would rather use a different browser, I use several & none of the others have given me the troubles edge currently does, Edge was great for a while but not anymore.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-01-08T02:20:21+00:00

    In short, Edge sucks. I'll never use it for my primary browser.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-12-09T15:24:21+00:00

    I am also having the same issue with EDGE and I just bought a brand new computer. It takes forever to load and I have done all the suggested tricks but nothing! So frustrating!

    Is there a bug or something that needs to be addressed?

    Odd that it works for a couple of weeks until it does not?

    Any suggestions welcome!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-09-02T15:58:58+00:00

    I found that this made an immediat difference. Edge has not been this fast in a long time.

    Fingers crossed!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-06-05T04:01:18+00:00

    Same issue. Painfully slow to load on my new laptop at home but works fine on my work computer? Ridiculous.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments