Improving performance and responsiveness of Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi
My laptop just updated to Edge and its running very slow. It takes over 10 minutes just to load one page.
It has also stopped internet explorer working and getting error message ‘Cannot reach this page’.
i even tried to download Chrome but its not allowing that either.
Any ideas how i can fix this? This is a new laptop and now cant use it!
Improving performance and responsiveness of Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
This didn't do anything for me, but the browser has suddenly started taking ages to load a page. If I look at the bottom for activity, it shows that it's taking incredibly long times to connect to browser.events.msn.com, which is the "home page" for a new tab which displays all sorts of tabloid news and which celeb is fighting with whom. You know.... incredibly useful and relevant news.
Anyhow, it seems that that's where my slowdown has originated, as I can open a new tab and paste a URL, and it takes upwards of 10-20 seconds to stop loading browser.events.msn.com and then load the actual page that I want.
I gave it my best shot but Edge is just painfully slow. Loading the identical extensions as I use in Slim Jet (A chromium browser) I get consistent browser scores with Edge at 1150+ while Slim Jet never tests over 850. That's about 25% slower using Edge. I've tried all the 'speed up Edge' suggestions I could find but my testing was on the same desktop using the same version of the same extensions and Edge just cant compete.
After 4 hours of wasted effort trying to get Edge to be at least as fast as my current browser, my advice is to switch to Slim Jet....
HI
I have the exact same issue. I foudn that if I Turn Off Profile Sync then the browser goes back to normal. But the moment I have Profile Sync on it is a laggy mess.
Any ideas what this could be?
It's driving me mad as it means I have cross device issues when it comes to passwords and web history.
I just started having this same issue with Edge.
Edge has become unusable. It takes several seconds just toscroll down in jerks even on the Settings page. Even clicking into this text as I edit it takes 2 seconds to respond to the click! Everthing ele is working fine. Even IE is working fine! I have tried reinstalling (throughthe Apps -> repair buttong) and it's not fixed. Running version 93.0.961.47 > Task Manager shows nothing else running hard and all resources are fine.