Microsoft edge running very slow

Anonymous
2020-07-22T17:08:52+00:00

Hi 

My laptop just updated to Edge and its running very slow. It takes over 10 minutes just to load one page. 

It has also stopped internet explorer working and getting error message ‘Cannot reach this page’. 

i even tried to download Chrome but its not allowing that either. 

Any ideas how i can fix this? This is a new laptop and now cant use it!

Microsoft Edge | Speed and responsiveness | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-01-23T14:55:55+00:00

    I've had horrible Edge (Chromium) performance problems for ages - all new pages took an age to load.  After days of investigations I've tracked this to the Edge Secure DNS settings and the fix is trivial.  Go into Setting -> Privacy, Search, and Services and turn off Secure DNS.

    I had a really odd custom secure DNS setup configured and I don't know where it came from, but removing it cleared up the issue immediately.

    Hopefully this will help others with similar problems.

    Was this answer helpful?

    70+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-07-22T17:10:43+00:00

    Hi, Lainsey. Thanks for reaching out! I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you, and I am here to work with you on this issue.

    I understand how difficult it is, when the device or app won't work in the way it should. Sorry about that.

    Lainsey, try to reset Edge to its default settings. If if this fixes your issue and let me know, ok?

    1. Open Edge
    2. Navigate to edge://settings/reset
    3. Click on Reset Settings
    4. Click on Restore settings to their default values
    5. Click on Reset

    I hope this helps!

    Kind regards,

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-07-22T17:22:23+00:00

    Hi, 

    I’ve tried to reset this and its still not fixed it. 

    Any other suggestions?

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-03-13T13:24:43+00:00

    I've tried both those fixes and it's still super slow loading. The rewards tab crashes out 50% of the time and very often Edge loses the recent tabls on a new page. I'm starting to think it's just a 'bad' browser.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-05-18T08:18:53+00:00

    I'm having identical problems on a BRAND new PC.  I don't understand the issue here.  It's definitely Microsoft Edge related, as I have no issues with any other software or hardware.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments