Troubleshooting website display or functionality issues in Edge on Windows 11
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello, I need help, someone else had this same question and a Microsoft engineer had helped them, but that was windows 10, I am using windows 11 and i want to download Fillmore Wondershare x but every time i try to enter the page to download I am given this, I used 3 different routers and my mobile hotspot and tried again, i installed the newest update to try to get it to work but I have had no luck. if a Microsoft agent see's this i will also post the results of the ping of www.wondershare.com it was what was used to help the other person with this problem in windows 10
Pinging www.wondershare.com [127.0.0.1] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128
Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128
Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128
Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128
Ping statistics for 127.0.0.1:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms
i do not have another device to compare with but i tried on both chrome and microsoft edge and i got the same results
Troubleshooting website display or functionality issues in Edge on Windows 11
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Your pings show that Wondershare has been redirected to 127.0.0.1, which is the address of your own computer. This is a technique used to prevent the computer from connecting to specific sites. The redirection is probably in your Hosts file. Have you knowingly edited this file yourself?
You can check whether this is what happened: on the Start menu, find Notepad, right-click on it and select More > Run as administrator. Give permission, then in Notepad navigate to and open this file:
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts
Look for entries like
127.0.0.1 www.wondershare.com
If you find any, disable them simply by typing a hash (#) at the start of the line, save and close the file. Then try opening Wondershare in Edge again.
If your Hosts file had been edited, do you know who or what did it if you didn't?
Thanks to Greg for guiding you while I was tucked up in bed!
That's the error you get if you don't follow the instruction I gave: "on the Start menu, find Notepad, right-click on it and select More > Run as administrator."
Only administrators can save files to the System32 folder, which contains much of the stuff that Windows needs to work properly. That's why ordinary users can't change anything in it, for fear of breaking Windows. A little change to the Hosts file won't hurt anything, so there's no danger when you do this.
I'm truly delighted to hear it, Kavendish. You are to be commended for your persistence. It will serve you well in life.
Let me know if I can help further. I'll stay subscribed to this thread in case you need anything else, until the system locks it in a few months.
Cheers to Firedog for his tremendous advanced knowledge in Edge!