Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on macOS
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi,
I’m writing to inform that Edge for Android is really great but cause a problem that makes me stop using it. It drains my mobile phone battery really fast. At least, 2 to 3 times faster than Firefox for Android. I didn’t make any serious testing, but tried to compare the readings from Android’s battery’s parameters page. So, on common surfing, I realized that for a equivalent time range, Edge was draining my battery that much. It’s sad because I was really enjoying using it. What makes me look at it, was the fact that my phone begin requiring to be charged much faster than ever, even if I wasn’t doing anything different… So, after a little thinking, I finally considered the only new thing in my phone’s usage: Edge instead of Firefox. That’s what made me look at this.
Looking for a Firefox better option (I don’t like its engine that doesn’t always render pages properly), I also tried Vivaldi and got the same problem as Edge for battery (not surprising as it’s based on Chromium too). So, considering that Edge is greatly improved since its official first Chromium release, I decided to report this in case you want to address the problem. To me, it’s a must because I use my phone for surfing a lot, so I can’t use a browser that drains battery this much… I’ll keep using Firefox and will try Edge again in the future to see if it has been improved on that matter. Maybe I will choose Edge someday.
Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on macOS
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Same Problem here! Drains 32% in 1h !! ****!! Please MS Fix This!!! Samsung Note10+
I had to stop using it for that reason, Android kept giving me warning that Edge was using battery power so had to keep closing it manually in order to stop it and Microsoft don't seem to care, the email address they give up the Google Play Store for support doesn't even work, they honestly don't care
Nope , I have the same problem with a oneplus 6 running a snapdragon 845. But maybe something with adblokcers or vpn like adguard or nordvpn or dns changing maybe?
I wonder if this is a non-Snapdragon device related problem? Because my tab S5e which is a Snapdragon device, it seems to have decent battery consumption but on my Note 9 which is an Exynos variant, it's always the top battery consumption app (even with little use).
On my Black Shark 2 android 10, I see in Performance Manager - CPU load. When MS Edge is in background even with one tab, CPU load is on 35%, with chrome its barely 15%. When I close MS Edge in multitask CPU load immediately drops. MS Edge on mobile need optimization with this.