Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on macOS
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi,
I’m writing to inform that Edge for Android is really great but cause a problem that makes me stop using it. It drains my mobile phone battery really fast. At least, 2 to 3 times faster than Firefox for Android. I didn’t make any serious testing, but tried to compare the readings from Android’s battery’s parameters page. So, on common surfing, I realized that for a equivalent time range, Edge was draining my battery that much. It’s sad because I was really enjoying using it. What makes me look at it, was the fact that my phone begin requiring to be charged much faster than ever, even if I wasn’t doing anything different… So, after a little thinking, I finally considered the only new thing in my phone’s usage: Edge instead of Firefox. That’s what made me look at this.
Looking for a Firefox better option (I don’t like its engine that doesn’t always render pages properly), I also tried Vivaldi and got the same problem as Edge for battery (not surprising as it’s based on Chromium too). So, considering that Edge is greatly improved since its official first Chromium release, I decided to report this in case you want to address the problem. To me, it’s a must because I use my phone for surfing a lot, so I can’t use a browser that drains battery this much… I’ll keep using Firefox and will try Edge again in the future to see if it has been improved on that matter. Maybe I will choose Edge someday.
Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on macOS
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Now moved to the vivaldi browser for Windows and Android as Microsoft clearly aren't going to fix this drainage issue
Edge is draining 35% of battery while being used for 50 minutes for simple browsing. That's way too much.
Feels like the battery Drainage increased tremendously after activating the sync between my devices
I Confirm. It drain 1% every minute that I'm using it. It's impossible to use it on Android 11. Uninstalled and trying Vivaldi that is really useful and doesn't have battery drain.
Same Problem here! Drains 32% in 1h !! ****!! Please MS Fix This!!! Samsung Note10+