While watching videos the computer shuts down!

Anonymous
2021-06-06T23:36:22+00:00

When I am watching videos on YouTube or Rumble my computer will shut down and I have to reboot and resume and many times the computer will shut down again. Why!

I am using Windows 7 with Edge.

Thanks!

CarrmasDad2

Microsoft Edge | Audio and video playback | Previous Windows versions

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-07-14T21:21:09+00:00

    Here are the steps to add it to your desktop.

    1. Right-click on the desktop.
    2. Go to New.
    3. Click on Shortcut.
    4. In the text box, type www.speedtest.net and then click on Next.
    5. Give it a name like speed test.
    6. Click on Finish.

    To add it to your quick links on the New Tab Page, I added a red box around the Plus button to your screenshot since it's was hard to see it.

    Eric

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-07-14T22:37:09+00:00

    Hi Eric,

    BINGO!

    ![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/1c978a94-dd93-4cfc-b509-9ac55fb8ac31?platform=QnA

    ![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/e44f45a0-bc63-49b9-8a9a-a374c68da79b?platform=QnA

    The EDGE SPEEDTEST icon is correct, and the Windows icon is shown as EDGE, not wanting to push my luck! Can the Windows icon be changed to the SPEEDTEST icon also?

    YOU ARE GOOD FOR SURE!

    I really appreciate you!!

    Thanks!

    CarrmasDad2

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-07-15T23:08:34+00:00

    I'm unable to find a way to get the speedtest icon to show up on the Windows desktop.

    Eric

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-07-18T18:30:04+00:00

    Hi Eric,

    Sorry about not getting back sooner!

    I did have the speedtest listed in the programs after clicking on the start, and it looked like the correct icon, but when I opened it it was the speedtest that Frontier.com has, and not the OOKLA speedtest,. Frontier is the one that is eating my/our lunch.

    Like I said I have the OOKLA speedtest but with the EDGE icon on my Windows screen.

    Thanks for trying!

    Still working with Frontier Re: the download speed, I still think it is Them!

    right after a instant off and a reboot my dls was 4.24, and then a 1.40 then back to the yoyo nonsense!

    From what I have been told, my signal goes aprx. 20 to another city and from there it goes aprx. 120 miles to another city from there I have no clue!

    Appreciate YOu!!

    CarrmasDad2

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-07-27T21:28:00+00:00

    Hi Eric,

    On my post July 14, I showed that I had the OOKLA SPEEDTEST icon on the Edge screen. BINGO is gone!

    Now it is not there and I have tried to put the icon back and I have used the instructions as before and I get nothing, Do you have any suggestions?

    Please Help!

    Thanks

    CarrmasDad2

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments