While watching videos the computer shuts down!

Anonymous
2021-06-06T23:36:22+00:00

When I am watching videos on YouTube or Rumble my computer will shut down and I have to reboot and resume and many times the computer will shut down again. Why!

I am using Windows 7 with Edge.

Thanks!

CarrmasDad2

Microsoft Edge | Audio and video playback | Previous Windows versions

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-07-07T18:58:22+00:00

    Hi Eric,

    I am using ethernet cable. Been working with ISP support this morning, and they have made changes on there end, they said. I have got YouTube videos running in the background NOW! I have watched 3 different videos totaling 1 hour plus, SO FAR NO CRASHES!!!! This new video is 51 minutes

    I still want to leave this thread open Please!

    I know this is a different thread, but how can I place an icon of OCALA SPEEDTEST on the wallpaper or the rapid launch area?

    Many Thanks!!!

    CarrmasDad2

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-07-07T20:20:12+00:00

    If you are talking about the quick links in Microsoft Edge, you can click on the Plus button below the search bar. Enter the name and the URL address of the OCALA Speedtest website and then click on Add.

    Eric

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-07-11T21:13:27+00:00

    Hi Eric,

    I am still yoyoing, my ISP is something else GRRRR. I will try again tomorrow!

    RE: the icon

    The following is where I want to place the speedtest icon.

    Please note the EDGE icon when I click it I get this, sorry about not getting the upper right dots!

    this is the speedtest info. I am 10.09 all the way down to 5.62mbps, which really sucks!

    Appreciate YOU!

    CarrmasDad2

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-07-13T20:44:00+00:00

    When you double-click on the new shortcut to launch the speedtest, did the icon change?

    Eric

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-07-13T23:50:54+00:00

    Hi Eric,

    Right now I do not have a new shortcut, I do not have an icon, that is what I am trying to get. Here is how I get the speedtest, I go to the search engine BING and open the search area and locate the followingI click the link, This is why I want an icon on the front screen. Back woods for sure Huh? After I get the screentest window I minimize it and I can use it as needed!

    In the second insert above, I do not find the PLUS BUTTON! Sorry!

    Appreciate You!

    CarrmasDad2

    PS: still yoyoing, been Doctoring today!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments