While watching videos the computer shuts down!

Anonymous
2021-06-06T23:36:22+00:00

When I am watching videos on YouTube or Rumble my computer will shut down and I have to reboot and resume and many times the computer will shut down again. Why!

I am using Windows 7 with Edge.

Thanks!

CarrmasDad2

Microsoft Edge | Audio and video playback | Previous Windows versions

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-29T20:44:20+00:00

    There are software that you can use to check the temperature of different components of the computer.

    Windows 7 is no longer receiving updates, but it shouldn't cause the computer to power off like that.

    Eric

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-06-30T19:47:39+00:00

    I sure appreciate you!!

    In the past I have used SPECCY so I checked my CPU and got the following

    I then clicked on a video and listened to it, and watched what was happening on SPECCY, the Bus Speed and Rated Bus Speed did flicker a few times @ the start then stopped. I had no instant shut downs Do you want me to check other things? What do you suggest using for checking? Checked my DL speed it is 10.12mbps, and my UL speed is 1.00mbps, I think my ISP is working on my service now.

    Thanks

    CarrmasDad2

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-07-01T16:35:56+00:00

    The temp looks like it's in a normal range. Still no instant power off since your last reply?

    Eric

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-07-03T17:26:42+00:00

    Hi Eric

    I did watch a video that was 1.18 hours long, it is the one that has caused my many instant shut downs in the past. No problems! Right after watching the video, I did a speed test and had 6.2mbps and had an instant shut down. My ISP speed should be 9. += 10%. After the holiday I will call the ISP again, this yoyo nonsense is not GOOD!

    I think that I am having better success watching videos since upping my DL speed, from 6. to 9.DL.

    Please keep the thread open!

    Many Thanks!

    CarrmasDad2

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-07-06T20:28:38+00:00

    Thanks for the update. It sounds like it's getting better. Are you using Wifi or ethernet cable?

    Eric

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments