While watching videos the computer shuts down!

Anonymous
2021-06-06T23:36:22+00:00

When I am watching videos on YouTube or Rumble my computer will shut down and I have to reboot and resume and many times the computer will shut down again. Why!

I am using Windows 7 with Edge.

Thanks!

CarrmasDad2

Microsoft Edge | Audio and video playback | Previous Windows versions

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-24T19:26:39+00:00

    Hi Eric,

    powers off in an instant!    If I attempt to watch the same video it may shut off at a different time I have attempted to watch as many as 3 or 4 times with the same results!

    Appreciate you!

    CarrmasDad2

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-06-25T21:27:06+00:00

    The computer shouldn't power off like that.  Now, this sounds like a hardware-related issue.  How old is your computer?

    Eric

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-06-25T23:17:33+00:00

    I have had it for 11 years and the power supply was changed 6 years ago, Man time flies when you are having fun!    The computer was built for me in a computer shop.  I have had other computers built by them, with success!

    I want to use Windows 7 as long as possible.

    Weird that when I am watching a video and pause it for a long time, some times it will do the instant shut down, but not always.

    Does my download speed have anything to do with this problem?

    My ISP is going to upgrade my download speed to 9.0 mbps this coming Monday!

    Videos are the only problem!

    Thanks!

    CarrmasDad2

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-06-28T20:37:51+00:00

    The low download speed shouldn't cause your computer to power off like that. Do you know if your computer is overheating?

    Eric

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-06-29T00:03:35+00:00

    Hi Eric,

    My ISP did some work to increase my DL/UL speeds, they are coming back this Wed. Because I am going up and down like a YOYO (spelling)

    I did attempt to watch a 1 hour + video and I got 1 hour done and had the instant shut down. I did the speed test and I was 4.4 download speed. Earlier in the day right after the service man left I was 6.9 mbps.

    How can I check if the computer is overheating?

    I am still using Windows 7, could that have any bearing on the problem?

    Thanks!

    CarrmasDad2

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments