While watching videos the computer shuts down!

Anonymous
2021-06-06T23:36:22+00:00

When I am watching videos on YouTube or Rumble my computer will shut down and I have to reboot and resume and many times the computer will shut down again. Why!

I am using Windows 7 with Edge.

Thanks!

CarrmasDad2

Microsoft Edge | Audio and video playback | Previous Windows versions

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-17T19:22:47+00:00

    Hi CarrmasDad2,

    I would like to see if disabling hardware acceleration would help.

    1. Click on the three dots menu button.
    2. Click on Settings.
    3. Click on System.
    4. Disable Use hardware acceleration when available.

    Eric

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-06-18T20:02:31+00:00

    Hi Eric-SE,

    Sorry, for not getting back to you!!

    Per your request,  I did the following.

    I am still having the problem.  

    I did SPEED TEST'S

    and got the following!

    DL 6.37  UL 0.62

        3.96       0.44

        3.01       0.36

         4.09       0.63

    These tests were done @ different times of the day.    BAD FOR SURE!

    I have contacted my ISP re: this, and I was told that would be what I could expect in the future.   I used to be in the 6.00 mbps all of the time.   I was what they call Grand Fathered in, they are going to discontinue that service.      I am going to go to the 9.0 mbps service on the Monday after next, and I will actually save money on my bill.

    I may be wrong but I think the DL speeds are the PROBLEM!

    Please keep this thread open.   We will find out for sure!

    For the time being do you have any other suggestions?

    I really do appreciate you!    Thanks!

    CarrmasDad2

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-06-22T16:33:43+00:00

    Thanks for the updates on this. Is your computer still shutting down since disabling hardware acceleration?

    Eric

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-06-24T02:39:02+00:00

    Hi Eric,

    I have checked several videos one was 90 minutes, 29 and one 16 minutes I used Rumble and had no shut downs.  

    I did watch one short video 16+minutes on YouTube and the computer did shut down, the video was not offered on Rumble, that I could find!  I was not watching the video @ the time, so I do not know how long it ran before shutting down.

    I was having shut downs of both, as of now just YouTube.    I will watch more videos and keep you posted!

    Thanks!

    CarrmasDad3

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-06-24T17:46:00+00:00

    Thanks for keeping me updated.  When you say shut down, do you mean the whole computer just powers off in an instant, or you see Windows shutting down?   Do you see any slow performance right before it shut down?

    Eric

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments