Managing media playback issues and settings in Microsoft Edge on older Windows versions
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
When I am watching videos on YouTube or Rumble my computer will shut down and I have to reboot and resume and many times the computer will shut down again. Why!
I am using Windows 7 with Edge.
Thanks!
CarrmasDad2
Managing media playback issues and settings in Microsoft Edge on older Windows versions
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi CARRMAS -
Thanks for the update. Does the issue still persist?
Regards,
Jerico T.
Hello,
My name is Ben, and I'm a Community Manager with Microsoft Edge. I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue, and I'd like to look into what I can do to help. The first thing I want to do is understand this issue a bit better. To that end, can you please provide this information:
These details will help me to pinpoint the issue, as well as what help I can provide. Thank you very much, and have a great day!
-Ben
Hi Jerico,
I do not find another driver!
Last night I put a Rumble video on pause for aprx. 30 minutes. When I came back the computer had turned off. It should have gone to sleep mode, not turn off!
I had the computer on this morning and left it for a couple of hours and came back and moved the mouse and woke it up, I did not have to reboot! MAKES ME WANT TO GO GRRRRRRRR!
THANKS
CarrmasDad2
Hi CARRMAS -
Got it, please let me know what's the result in method 3. If in case the issue still persist, we'll perform different methods.
Regards,
Jerico T.
Hi Jerico,
2nd or 3rd methodÂ
2nd method, I have the most current drivers!
3rd method, I have not done yet, but I will!
On my past reply I had not clue as to what to disable, Sorry!
Thanks
CarrmasDad2