While watching videos the computer shuts down!

Anonymous
2021-06-06T23:36:22+00:00

When I am watching videos on YouTube or Rumble my computer will shut down and I have to reboot and resume and many times the computer will shut down again. Why!

I am using Windows 7 with Edge.

Thanks!

CarrmasDad2

Microsoft Edge | Audio and video playback | Previous Windows versions

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-10T23:02:03+00:00

    Hi Ben,

    I tried to pause/watch videos and I am still getting shut down. I went to a site and it had text and Youtube and rumble videos on it I did nothing and it shut down. First time for that. I check all of my emails on my server, and only let the keepers download to my computer. So I keep my computer cleaner.

    Should this have any bearing on the problem?

    Thanks!

    CarrmasDad2

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-06-10T13:36:29+00:00

    Hi Jerico,

    Thanks for all of you help!

    Intermittent problems are very difficult to resolve!!!

    I really do appreciate you!

    Best Regards!!

    CarrmasDad2

    PS: I did have an update from Microsoft, that was installed last night!!!

    I really do appreciate the excellent assistance!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-06-10T06:01:50+00:00

    Hi CARRMAS -

    Thanks for the update. I see, it's a weird problem on your end, I apologize but it seems that I ran out of ideas, maybe someone has a better resolve.

    Regards,

    Jerico T.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-06-09T15:39:20+00:00

    Hi Jerico,

    Re: method 3

    If I am correct, it looks like I have only one driver to select.

    Re: shut downs

    When I pause a video for an extended time, it does not shut down on all of them, just some of them. Weird for sure!!!!

    Thanks!

    CarrmasDad2

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-06-09T15:31:56+00:00

    Hi Ben,

    I have been having this problem for a couple of weeks, I have never used the other browsers.

    My previous reply to Jerico, mentioned examples.

    I can leave my computer on for hours, and it will not shut down. But if I pause a video and leave it, it will shut down!

    I still have the issue!

    Thanks for both of you!

    CarrmasDad2

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments