Managing media playback issues and settings in Microsoft Edge on older Windows versions
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
When I am watching videos on YouTube or Rumble my computer will shut down and I have to reboot and resume and many times the computer will shut down again. Why!
I am using Windows 7 with Edge.
Thanks!
CarrmasDad2
Managing media playback issues and settings in Microsoft Edge on older Windows versions
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Eric,
Sorry about not getting back sooner!
I did have the speedtest listed in the programs after clicking on the start, and it looked like the correct icon, but when I opened it it was the speedtest that Frontier.com has, and not the OOKLA speedtest,. Frontier is the one that is eating my/our lunch.
Like I said I have the OOKLA speedtest but with the EDGE icon on my Windows screen.
Thanks for trying!
Still working with Frontier Re: the download speed, I still think it is Them!
right after a instant off and a reboot my dls was 4.24, and then a 1.40 then back to the yoyo nonsense!
From what I have been told, my signal goes aprx. 20 to another city and from there it goes aprx. 120 miles to another city from there I have no clue!
Appreciate YOu!!
CarrmasDad2
I'm unable to find a way to get the speedtest icon to show up on the Windows desktop.
Eric
Hi Eric,
BINGO!
The EDGE SPEEDTEST icon is correct, and the Windows icon is shown as EDGE, not wanting to push my luck! Can the Windows icon be changed to the SPEEDTEST icon also?
YOU ARE GOOD FOR SURE!
I really appreciate you!!
Thanks!
CarrmasDad2
Here are the steps to add it to your desktop.
To add it to your quick links on the New Tab Page, I added a red box around the Plus button to your screenshot since it's was hard to see it.
Eric
Hi Eric,
Right now I do not have a new shortcut, I do not have an icon, that is what I am trying to get. Here is how I get the speedtest, I go to the search engine BING and open the search area and locate the followingI click the link, This is why I want an icon on the front screen. Back woods for sure Huh? After I get the screentest window I minimize it and I can use it as needed!
In the second insert above, I do not find the PLUS BUTTON! Sorry!
Appreciate You!
CarrmasDad2
PS: still yoyoing, been Doctoring today!