Managing media playback issues and settings in Microsoft Edge on older Windows versions
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
When I am watching videos on YouTube or Rumble my computer will shut down and I have to reboot and resume and many times the computer will shut down again. Why!
I am using Windows 7 with Edge.
Thanks!
CarrmasDad2
Managing media playback issues and settings in Microsoft Edge on older Windows versions
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
The low download speed shouldn't cause your computer to power off like that. Do you know if your computer is overheating?
Eric
I have had it for 11 years and the power supply was changed 6 years ago, Man time flies when you are having fun! The computer was built for me in a computer shop. I have had other computers built by them, with success!
I want to use Windows 7 as long as possible.
Weird that when I am watching a video and pause it for a long time, some times it will do the instant shut down, but not always.
Does my download speed have anything to do with this problem?
My ISP is going to upgrade my download speed to 9.0 mbps this coming Monday!
Videos are the only problem!
Thanks!
CarrmasDad2
The computer shouldn't power off like that. Now, this sounds like a hardware-related issue. How old is your computer?
Eric
Hi Eric,
powers off in an instant! If I attempt to watch the same video it may shut off at a different time I have attempted to watch as many as 3 or 4 times with the same results!
Appreciate you!
CarrmasDad2
Thanks for keeping me updated. When you say shut down, do you mean the whole computer just powers off in an instant, or you see Windows shutting down? Do you see any slow performance right before it shut down?
Eric