Troubleshooting website display or functionality issues in Edge on macOS
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi, I just update my browser to Version 112.0.1722.54 (Official build) (64-bit) on Ubuntu 22.04 but after that it doesn't let me visualize any page and after a few seconds turns into this error:
No matter what website I try to load, all of them shows me this error, except google
But when I clicked on any link, it shows me the error code: SIGILL.
I'm uploading this question on Mozilla Firefox, and I already install a lot of browsers (opera, brave, epiphany, etc.) and get no errors like that
This happens on my Ubuntu 22.04 and is the first time that a saw this error and I didn't find any related error on the web.
Troubleshooting website display or functionality issues in Edge on macOS
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I too have seen this on multiple machines with 112.0.1722.58.
On Ubuntu I downgraded with this command:
sudo apt install microsoft-edge-stable=112.0.1722.48-1
Once I restarted the browser, the issue has gone away.
I too have seen this on multiple machines with 112.0.1722.58.
On Ubuntu I downgraded with this command:
sudo apt install microsoft-edge-stable=112.0.1722.48-1
Once I restarted the browser, the issue has gone away.
Cool, this is a temporary workaround
I too have seen this on multiple machines with 112.0.1722.58.
On Ubuntu I downgraded with this command:
sudo apt install microsoft-edge-stable=112.0.1722.48-1
Once I restarted the browser, the issue has gone away.
Same issue on Linux Ubuntu 22.04. Worked again with this solution.
Nice! Downgrade to 112.0.1722.48 it works again.
--
For someone who wants the deb file, you can download it here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge/business/download?form=MA13FJ
This is a temporary workaround, because the failure occurs again a few days later.
MICROSOFT: please fix this problem. In the latest Version DEV 114.0.1807.1 it presents the same problem.