Managing profiles and sync in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi edge experts,
I use a MS account to sign into Microsoft products, but I use only in my laptop system. How to stop sync when not needed?
Thank you,
Nithin. R
Managing profiles and sync in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
There is no "Re-Set Sync" in My Edge Settings. There is only "Re-Sync." This is really pissing me off. How do I turn off Sync in Edge? I simply want to turn it off. It should be one freakin' click. It seems Microsoft makes it excruciatingly difficult for some reason.
"It should be one click"
It should be ZERO clicks. The default should be 'OFF'.
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
I have to 'sign-in' for Excel, Word, etc. to work because I have "Microsoft 365". That also signs Edge into the account and starts syncing my favorites without my knowledge.
I only notice it when my favorites get all screwed up and either aren't sorted alphabetically anymore, or worse, old favorites I deleted reappear. So fed up with Microsoft trying to spy on me.
For those who do not have a registry structure of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Edge, you will need to do the following:
3. Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft
3a. Right click on the Microsoft folder, a pop-up window appears.
3b. Scroll down to the word "New", slide over to the word "Key" and left click on it.
3c. This will create a new folder, which needs to be name "Edge".
3d. Now follow the remaining instructions as Jacek Sandomierz has specified and it will work.
Thank you, this Edge sync problem was driving me crazy.