How to stop sync in edge?

Anonymous
2022-11-08T10:29:21+00:00

Hi edge experts,

I use a MS account to sign into Microsoft products, but I use only in my laptop system. How to stop sync when not needed?

Thank you,

Nithin. R

Microsoft Edge | Profile, sync, and sign in | Windows 11

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-01-19T01:36:11+00:00

    Go to Settings > Profiles > Sync. Toggle off all the items you don't want to sync with Edge on other devices.

    Edge will not sync with other browsers. However, it may import some browsing data from Chrome, say, on launch. You can turn this feature off at Settings > Profiles > Import browser data.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-01-22T04:27:26+00:00

    You must have turned on sync on both your devices.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-02-07T13:22:23+00:00

    There is no option on Import browser data to turn off importing data from Chrome, as you can see on the screenshot below. What should I do?

    I want to permanently remove Edge from accessing my Google Profiles and Chrome data. Unfortunately, I am finding it very hard to find the solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-02-19T18:52:24+00:00

    **** hate microsoft for messing up my setting and bookmarks **** i dont want my **** to mix for a **** reason dont force an interaction if its not needed

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-02-21T14:20:16+00:00

    Right now (Feb 2023) the only way to stop syncing is to create new key in registry.

    1. Make sure that Edge is closed.
    2. Open regedit from "Run command"
    3. Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Edge
    4. Add new value SyncDisabled. It has to be DWORD (32-bit) Value
    5. After adding this value set it to 1.

    (after restart of Edge you'll see "Your organization has turned off sync for this device.")

    1. P R O F I T

    Was this answer helpful?

    50+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments