How to stop sync in edge?

Anonymous
2022-11-08T10:29:21+00:00

Hi edge experts,

I use a MS account to sign into Microsoft products, but I use only in my laptop system. How to stop sync when not needed?

Thank you,

Nithin. R

Microsoft Edge | Profile, sync, and sign in | Windows 11

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-18T22:44:57+00:00

    tks for the response

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-18T18:30:21+00:00

    There is no such option: "remove the checkmark on Resume sync ..."

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-14T07:57:17+00:00

    Thanks to Paul Miller2 for his solution! Now Microsoft should make it possible with a simple button.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-14T00:26:18+00:00

    This is the correct answer for disabling sync on MS Edge in 2024. Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-09-20T19:07:29+00:00

    There is no Resume sync box to uncheck after resetting the sync.

    I'm beginning to believe that all the updates that happen all the time are creating havoc on all our computers. I don't want any syncing to occur but the green dot by my account says "Sync is on." There is no way to uncheck it. I have turned off all the paramater available but the green dot still says "Sync is on."

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments