How to stop sync in edge?

Anonymous
2022-11-08T10:29:21+00:00

Hi edge experts,

I use a MS account to sign into Microsoft products, but I use only in my laptop system. How to stop sync when not needed?

Thank you,

Nithin. R

Microsoft Edge | Profile, sync, and sign in | Windows 11

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-12-27T23:59:36+00:00

    I tried doing this and it only worked for a few days. When I launched my browser a few minutes ago it synced again and messed up my favourites bar. How do I permanently stop it from syncing? There is no toggle switch to turn it off.

    Was this answer helpful?

    50+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-11-08T15:51:10+00:00

    Will it delete all bookmarks in my system?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-11-08T11:22:16+00:00

    Hi, Nithin.

    I'm Jen, I'm also a Windows user just like you. I'm not working for Microsoft but I'd be happy to help you figure this out.

    To disable sync in Microsoft Edge, you can go to edge://settings/profiles/sync and click on Reset sync now then remove the checkmark on Resume sync on this device after resetting sync. Once you are done, your account will no longer sync to Microsoft Edge.

    However, in case you just want to customize your sync settings, you can follow the steps in this link instead.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-e...

    I hope this helps. Feel free to share how it went.

    Kind regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    50+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments