How to stop sync in edge?

Anonymous
2022-11-08T10:29:21+00:00

Hi edge experts,

I use a MS account to sign into Microsoft products, but I use only in my laptop system. How to stop sync when not needed?

Thank you,

Nithin. R

Microsoft Edge | Profile, sync, and sign in | Windows 11

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-10T19:30:25+00:00

    Thank you for your reply.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-10T01:46:02+00:00

    Thanks. I only wanted to delete from the cloud, not locally. Appreciate your helping me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-09T23:36:58+00:00

    This is the correct answer for disabling sync on MS Edge in 2024. Thank you!

    This works. The Button states this in

    edge://sync-internals

    "Stop Synch (keep data)"

    Local data is kept from what i can tell.

    This is completely Ridiculous.

    Once you do this you will see the Profile is no longer synching.

    There is NO toggle to actualy stop syncing in Edge. You can select what to sync but that does not stop it.

    To actualy turn off sync for a profile

    1: Open MS Edge while you signed in with MS Account

    2: Type to address bar without " marks: " edge://sync-internals "

    3: Click on: " Disable Sync (Clear Server Data)"

    4: Your profile will show "not syncing", means the deletion was successful. Log out of your profile and tick the box to delete everything, during the logout.

    With this method, all bookmarks, history, passwords, extension etc. were deleted from the cloud and locally as well. This is the correct answer for disabling sync on MS Edge in 2024. Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-26T17:07:10+00:00

    trash **** edge program is garbage i want google, stop syncing my **** and stealing my info. dude honestly EF microsoft im goin linux

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-19T17:33:49+00:00

    I'm sorry, I can't find your reply. I wasn't ignoring you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments