How to stop sync in edge?

Anonymous
2022-11-08T10:29:21+00:00

Hi edge experts,

I use a MS account to sign into Microsoft products, but I use only in my laptop system. How to stop sync when not needed?

Thank you,

Nithin. R

Microsoft Edge | Profile, sync, and sign in | Windows 11

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-14T00:26:18+00:00

    This is the correct answer for disabling sync on MS Edge in 2024. Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-20T19:07:29+00:00

    There is no Resume sync box to uncheck after resetting the sync.

    I'm beginning to believe that all the updates that happen all the time are creating havoc on all our computers. I don't want any syncing to occur but the green dot by my account says "Sync is on." There is no way to uncheck it. I have turned off all the paramater available but the green dot still says "Sync is on."

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-02T09:09:27+00:00

    At october'23 I sign-out with delete everything from edge. Then again sign in and turn off quickly all enabled option from sync data of edge browser. Now I am in peace. 😊

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-03-28T08:10:47+00:00

    Click this link to open stop sync

    edge://settings/profiles/sync

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-01-22T04:27:26+00:00

    You must have turned on sync on both your devices.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments