Managing profiles and sync in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi edge experts,
I use a MS account to sign into Microsoft products, but I use only in my laptop system. How to stop sync when not needed?
Thank you,
Nithin. R
Managing profiles and sync in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Best solution that I found is to stop using Edge altogether, since they make it impossible to personalize what we really want and do not want in our Edge "Recent" list. Mine was full of PDF file names that I had opened, which I have no need to see in my browser. I can see it in Acrobat!
true absolutely scumbag edge of scumbag microsoft
For those who do not have a registry structure of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Edge, you will need to do the following:
3. Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft
3a. Right click on the Microsoft folder, a pop-up window appears.
3b. Scroll down to the word "New", slide over to the word "Key" and left click on it.
3c. This will create a new folder, which needs to be name "Edge".
3d. Now follow the remaining instructions as Jacek Sandomierz has specified and it will work.
Thank you, this Edge sync problem was driving me crazy.
Didn't work for me.
Will it delete all bookmarks in my system?