How to stop sync in edge?

Anonymous
2022-11-08T10:29:21+00:00

Hi edge experts,

I use a MS account to sign into Microsoft products, but I use only in my laptop system. How to stop sync when not needed?

Thank you,

Nithin. R

Microsoft Edge | Profile, sync, and sign in | Windows 11

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-08-18T22:16:29+00:00

    There is NO toggle to actualy stop syncing in Edge. You can select what to sync but that does not stop it.

    To actualy turn off sync for a profile

    1: Open MS Edge while you signed in with MS Account

    2: Type to address bar without " marks: " edge://sync-internals "

    3: Click on: " Disable Sync (Clear Server Data)"

    4: Your profile will show "not syncing", means the deletion was successful. Log out of your profile and tick the box to delete everything, during the logout.

    With this method, all bookmarks, history, passwords, extension etc. were deleted from the cloud and locally as well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-05-06T13:44:27+00:00

    There is no "Re-Set Sync" in My Edge Settings. There is only "Re-Sync." This is really pissing me off. How do I turn off Sync in Edge? I simply want to turn it off. It should be one freakin' click. It seems Microsoft makes it excruciatingly difficult for some reason.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-06-01T22:46:08+00:00

    "It should be one click"

    It should be ZERO clicks. The default should be 'OFF'.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-01-19T01:36:11+00:00

    Go to Settings > Profiles > Sync. Toggle off all the items you don't want to sync with Edge on other devices.

    Edge will not sync with other browsers. However, it may import some browsing data from Chrome, say, on launch. You can turn this feature off at Settings > Profiles > Import browser data.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-02-07T13:22:23+00:00

    There is no option on Import browser data to turn off importing data from Chrome, as you can see on the screenshot below. What should I do?

    I want to permanently remove Edge from accessing my Google Profiles and Chrome data. Unfortunately, I am finding it very hard to find the solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments