Managing profiles and sync in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi edge experts,
I use a MS account to sign into Microsoft products, but I use only in my laptop system. How to stop sync when not needed?
Thank you,
Nithin. R
Managing profiles and sync in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Holy **** these scumbags just want your chrome data so bad its disgusting. Same ****, like they wont even sync to other Edge instances only to other browsers...not like you might want to have two different favorite bars set up or anything. Not like you might you Edge for certain tasks and Chrome for other tasks. It would be real nice to have edge on my laptop talk to edge on my desktop...what I dont need is edge to talk to other browsers without me asking....why doesnt edge override my chrome favorites its so much of a **** to chrome it just deletes all its settings to imitate what is set up on chrome. Absolute trash
Right now (Feb 2023) the only way to stop syncing is to create new key in registry.
(after restart of Edge you'll see "Your organization has turned off sync for this device.")
I tried doing this and it only worked for a few days. When I launched my browser a few minutes ago it synced again and messed up my favourites bar. How do I permanently stop it from syncing? There is no toggle switch to turn it off.
Hi, Nithin.
I'm Jen, I'm also a Windows user just like you. I'm not working for Microsoft but I'd be happy to help you figure this out.
To disable sync in Microsoft Edge, you can go to edge://settings/profiles/sync and click on Reset sync now then remove the checkmark on Resume sync on this device after resetting sync. Once you are done, your account will no longer sync to Microsoft Edge.
However, in case you just want to customize your sync settings, you can follow the steps in this link instead.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-e...
I hope this helps. Feel free to share how it went.
Kind regards.
**** hate microsoft for messing up my setting and bookmarks **** i dont want my **** to mix for a **** reason dont force an interaction if its not needed