enable warning before closing multiple tabs

Anonymous
2020-01-21T21:33:09+00:00

When I close the new Edge, there's no warning if I have multiple tabs open.  Has anyone else found a way to enable that?  I get a warning in IE, and there was a warning in the previous Edge.

Microsoft Edge | Other | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-07-27T04:21:01+00:00

    It’s helpful, but still doesnt replace a warning when closing multiple tabs. If you’re in the middle of filling out a form, a warning will help, but re-opening the site will not.  MSFT needs to bring back this simple feature.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-08-20T21:26:48+00:00

    It’s helpful, but still doesn't replace a warning when closing multiple tabs. If you’re in the middle of filling out a form, a warning will help, but re-opening the site will not.  MSFT needs to bring back this simple feature.

    Subsequent to my 3 previous posts, I finally found a solution which reopens all previous Tabs including dynamic Web pages and unfinished Forms. I opened a couple of Tabs from Google Search, opened 2 Bank Accounts and did transactions in each and opened USA Form 8840 (it`s a PDF) and started filling it out. I then closed Edgemium. BTW, Form 8840 did give me a warning message but I said close anyway. I reopened Edgemium and Voilà...everything was there as it was previously...Banks Accounts still logged in and the Form ready to be continued. How you set this up is very simple.

    Got to Edgemium Settings, click on On startup and click on Continue where you left off. That`s it. Hope this makes your life happier.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Sumit 44,436 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2020-12-20T15:18:48+00:00

    Warn on close is now available on Edge Insider Builds! (Behind a flag)

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-01-10T03:57:10+00:00

    Why is it that every time MS updates any product, they remove useful and/or popular features. Is MS asking for us to change browsers and or operating system.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-03-09T18:31:55+00:00

    You can also just open Edge and hit CTRL+SHIFT+T and it will open everything right back up

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments