enable warning before closing multiple tabs

Anonymous
2020-01-21T21:33:09+00:00

When I close the new Edge, there's no warning if I have multiple tabs open.  Has anyone else found a way to enable that?  I get a warning in IE, and there was a warning in the previous Edge.

Microsoft Edge | Other | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-03-10T08:25:00+00:00

    Wow, it worked for me! thanks so much! :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-03-09T23:44:37+00:00

    Sorry, my brain was in another place when I asked about a link. Yes, does help. I just tried enabled the flag ¡Firedog listed, and it does exactly what I need. thank for pointing it out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-03-09T22:42:19+00:00

    Thanks - await with fingers crossed

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-03-09T22:18:04+00:00

    Check your flags: in a new tab, enter this into the address bar: edge://flags/#edge-ask-before-closing-multiple-tabs

    This is available today, at least for some users, in build 89.0.774.45 and later. Change the setting for Ask Before Closing Multiple Tabs to Enabled. Then toggle the option on the ⋯ (Settings and more) > Settings > Appearancepage.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-03-09T22:08:00+00:00

    It's not really a link. You can read Sumit's comment if you scroll up 4 replies from yours until you see December 20, 2020, or the comment listed right after mine of August 20, 2020. Basically he said "Warn on close is now available on Edge Insider Builds! (Behind a flag)" and he posted a screenshot of Settings. This indicates to me that we'll most likely see the "warning before close" option in the next Windows 10 Update which will be 21H1 in April/May 2021 currently available in the Windows Insider Program Beta Channel as well (19043.804) as quoted by Sumit Dhiman here:

    Windows 10 21H1, the next version of Windows 10 - Your Windows Guide

    Hope that answers your question.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments