enable warning before closing multiple tabs

Anonymous
2020-01-21T21:33:09+00:00

When I close the new Edge, there's no warning if I have multiple tabs open.  Has anyone else found a way to enable that?  I get a warning in IE, and there was a warning in the previous Edge.

Microsoft Edge | Other | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-09-08T02:15:07+00:00

    Wow!! They have FINALLY, fixed it!!! Just hit the three full stops top right, settings, appearance, then under Customize Browser you will see “ask before closing multiple tabs”, FINALLY!!!! We have the same functionality that was on the original edge!! Just a ridiculously long wait, hope everyone is happy now 😊.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-04-18T11:09:00+00:00

    As of today that very useful feature has not been restored on new Edge yet ...  :-(

    Any good news ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-01-23T00:42:41+00:00

    Hi Alex,

    I agree it is quite annoying I’ve closed the full app myself a few times now. Hopefully it’s a feature which will be added soon.

    Regards,
    Ross

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-01-22T23:03:35+00:00

    Yeah, I know about that option.  I'm going to have to do that, but it's not really what I want.  When I'm sure I want to close my browser, I want all tabs closed so I can start fresh next time.  I like starting with just my start tab open.  I really hope MSFT adds the prompt back.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-07-05T03:45:41+00:00

    As others have said, Vladimir, this version of Edgemium offers NO warning if you close it while you have multiple Tabs open unlike the previous version. Perhaps the next version will bring back the warning feature.

    But not to worry. In the meantime please follow my workaround given above, that is, after accidently closing Edgemium, reopen it which will bring up your default opening page, right click on the first Tab and click on Reopen closed window. This will reopen Edgemium in a new Window with all the previous open Tabs as you had it setup before you accidently closed it.

    That's the best we can do for now but at least we don't lose anything.

    Hope that's clear now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments