What the heck is this "Shellpage"???

Anonymous
2023-04-12T17:49:06+00:00

Every time my computer turns off, a tab goes to sleep, or I open window, it replaces that tab, sometimes ruining hours of work. I've tried Restarting to browser, restarting my computer, and messing around in settings, I even searched it up, but I cant figure out how to stop it. And then, when I tried to see what it was redirecting me to, it just sat there loading. ShellPage (bing.com)

Microsoft Edge | Tabs, address bar, and search | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-04-15T12:41:50+00:00
🐛 Known issue
The Edge team are aware of this problem and the engineers have been working on a fix.<br><ul><li><p data-prewrap="true">For users where Family Safety is involved, the fix is included in build 112.0.1722.54 released 2023‑04‑20. To update, click <span style="font-weight: bold">⋯</span> (<em>Settings and more</em>) <em>> Help and feedback > About Microsoft Edge</em>.<em> </em></p></li><li><p data-prewrap="true">There is so far no timeframe for releasing the solution for other users.</p></li></ul><br><br><br>Meanwhile, anyone still affected by this fault is urged to submit feedback so the engineers have more data points to work from: click ⋯ (Settings and more) *> Help and feedback >*Send feedback. Another way is simply to press Alt-Shift-i to open the Send feedback dialogue. Give your report a clear title in the first line (e.g. ShellPage: edgeservices.bing.com) to make it easier for the product team to identify and classify it, and give as many details as you can. You can include a screenshot to illustrate your text, and you can elect to include diagnostic data so the engineers can work out what was going on in the background when something went wrong. If you give an email address, you'll receive an acknowledgement and possibly some follow-up questions.<br><br><br><br>This post was last updated 2023-04-20 **** ![Image](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/c7baf2e6-b4fc-4813-bba8-dc416fa02c15?platform=QnA

Was this answer helpful?

40+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Paulo GM 72,670 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-04-12T18:41:31+00:00

    Hi Adin, I am Paulo and I'd like to help.

    This seems to be a bug as several users have been reporting the same problem.

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/microsofted...

    For now, you can disable the Discover icon for a while as that might be the cause of the problem. You can try method 1 or 2 in this article whichever works best.

    https://winaero.com/how-to-disable-discover-bin...

    (Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.)

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-04-12T22:21:51+00:00

    Every time my computer turns off, a tab goes to sleep, or I open a window, it replaces that tab, sometimes ruining hours of work. I've tried Restarting to browser, restarting my computer, and messing around in settings, I even searched it up, but I cant figure out how to stop it. And then, when I tried to see what it was redirecting me to, it just sat there loading. Shell Page (bing.com)

    I have been experiencing 'Shell Page' too. Ever since the last update in Microsoft Edge, (which included the AI web browser) almost every time I open the Microsoft Edge browser, the new tab gets replaced with the Shell Page that just says, 'Just a moment...', but what exactly is Shell Page?

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-04-14T00:58:43+00:00

    this is why microsoft edge sucks..

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-04-13T18:33:09+00:00

    I think it might be a bug in the Discover feature that was added in the last update?

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments